Thursday, September 23, 2010

Road Trip Report #4

I saw a few oddities (at least in my mind) on my Quebec trip in August.

1. This entry removed due to threat of legal action by trucking company.

2. Hyndman Transport (1972) Ltd was a real surprise to see in Quebec City. I remember them from my youth. Based in Wroxeter, ON, it turns out they have a terminal in LĂ©vis, so it was not too far out after all. It was odd to see a Mack at the Quebec Peterbilt dealer's, particularly since Hyndman seems to have settled on Petes and Internationals for its fleet. This Mack has most of the necessary bells and whistles for an Owner/Operator, so perhaps it isn't a company truck.
[photo at Quebec City August 16]
For more on Hyndman see their site at http://www.hyndman.ca/

3. I couldn't resist this Western Star timber hauler, even though the sun was wrong. It certainly has the bells and whistles, but no bull bar. Instead it has a more modest brush bar over the grille. It doesn't seem to offer much protection from its fellow forest dwellers. [Notre-Dame-du-Lac August 15]


No comments:

Post a Comment